- Written by an anonymous author with major insight into the life of Barack Obama, O: A Presidential Novel is among The Daily Beast’s Most Anticipated Books of 2011.
- Book giant Borders starts 2011 on a shaky note, facing delays in payments to publishers. Competition from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the electronic reader market have led to more declining sales for the retailer.
- Future editions of Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer will have the word “nigger” replaced with “slave.” All instances of the word “Injun” will be removed as well. Good idea?
- The female Antoine Dodson, the resident oompaloompa of the Jersey Shore, she who admits to only reading two books in life, Snooki, is releasing a book this week. Want a confidence booster? Read some snippets.
- In a new biography, Young Mandela: The Revolutionary Years, David James Smith shares an intimate look into the private life of activist Nelson Mandela, showing that even near-saints aren’t perfect.